Monday 6 May 2013

Kyokushin Karate

Holariamos, dear readers, and a fine sunny morning to you! Now, this post would be classified under 'lifestyle', if I was advanced enough to sort this mess into categories!! I am going to write to you about...Karate!
 For some years now I have been going to kyokushin karate classes in the nearby village of Holloway, and I firmly advise you: 'Start goin' t'those classes now lass (or laddie), y'won't regret it!' - To be read in hearty Yorkshire accent! I don't want to lecture you (heaven forbid little reader pal!) but karate is a GREEEAT thing to do. I am not one of those annoyingly sporty people, who in PE classes always get picked first for the team - quite the opposite. I haaaaaaate PE in school. But I love karate! Don't be put off by a) Fear of violence and hurting yourself - If you start as a beginner it's a very gentle gradual easing - in, b) Fear of commitment - It's only one session a week! As long or short as you want! , c) Fear of speaking Japanese. This is an obscure fear, but I want to tackle all the issues that might stop coming to karate! So, all the Japanese you speak is easy to remember, and gradually taught! So come along, if you want to get fitter, learn self defence, make new friends, and most importantly, be able to count to ten in Japanese! Take this on board, friendlioos, and byeee! I'm off for a walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment