Wednesday 17 July 2013

National velvet

Well boy is it good to see you (the answer to that is yes)! I sure am glad you stopped by! Now, for the past week or so England has been sweltering under this massive heatwave. Which is lovely, although I hope it doesn't get any hotter! Anyway, the relevance of the heatwave is that I shall today be talking about something completely unsuitable for summer - velvet. Velvet is very much a winter material, but that by no means makes it any less beautiful! I absolutely adore velvet, and all it's connotations of luxury, opulence, and royalty it carries with it. Velvet is...oh, I can't even begin to describe my unending love for it! So, I had a happy trawl through ASOS Marketplace, which is virtually my internet home (well..alongside Blogger and Rookie and Youtube and other lovely places...), and just the simple search 'velvet' brings up endless reams of happpiness! let's take a look...
 So, our first velvet clothes are dresses. I LOVE this velvet dress with the lovely wide collar, and as another fetish I have is for lace, this dress is perfect! I know I say the word 'love' a lot, but I'd just like to say tht I love this photo...Rightie, from now one I shall refer to The Online Synonyms Dictionary for alternate love words - I'll put them in italics, so don't worry if they make no sense!
 Now, I do like this photo - the collar and main dress is ver ver nice, but I'm just a tad unsure about the hem...Hmm.
 So, on we chug to our next stop on this happy journey - skirts. Asdfghjkl i really do adore this skirt - the pleats, the perfect length, and the wonderful deep rich emerald colour...This might just be me, but that colour conjures up clear, silvery pools nestled within woody groves, with elves and faeries dancing around it...
 This skirt! Oh my golly gosh THIS SKIRT! it's so beautiful - the Bohemian vibe, the deep purple velvet, the gypsy length...someone please buy it for me!
 Now, I completely cherish this skirt  - I think that obviously velvet looks gorgy in all colours, but deep reds really suit it. And deep purples. And greens. And navy blues. Ok, velvet just rocks every colour! What I was trying to say - I love the colour of this skirt, and as for the buttons down the front - phwoar!
My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when they saw this! Let me just explain - it's floral. It's velvet. It's a floral velvet skirt. Need I say more? Okeydoo, obviously as a blogger I stalk TONS of blogs - but there is a blog that one of my besties Bronia showed me recently - Kayla Hadlington. If you haven't heard of here, then click on this here link - but I warn you, be prepared to be knocked out by her epicness! Here are some of her many velvet items of clothing:


She made the pinafore!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway...on to...SHOESIES!
 These shoes are very, very vintage, and j'adore their cut (is that the correct term with shoes?) and chunky heel!
 Sob! The triple straps, the VELVETOSITY, the chunky wedge sole, the schoolgirl aura...Could velvet get any more beautiful?
Evidently it could! I mean, Docs are some of the awesomest shoes ever, and come on! They're velvet! These are rocking the wine red colour, which would add a pop of sophisticated colour to any outfit. The great thing about Docs is that they're so wearable! These could be worn with bare legs, trousers, leggings, stockings, plain tights, patterned tights, kneee high socks...
This is the picture I shall leave you with  - guys it's a VELVET ROSE FLOWER CROWN! Roses, which are already lush and lovely and gorgeous, symbols of l'amour, and a flower crown - just clickety click on this link to hear about my love for flower crowns- and finally this crown includes velvet! So in short, it is commplete perfection! All it needs now is for someone to think of how to incorporate lace into it...Ooh, actually, I lied! That wasn't the last picture - this is.
Here is mini me looking sweet in my favouritest favourite dress - so you can see my passion for velvet and lace started young!
 

5 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOW! I love velvet and all these pictures are beautiful however you overlooked velvet jackets which is sad because they definitely deserve a place on this list! I love the Doc Martens and the dresses and the flower garland and Baby Sophie is just sooooooo cute!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I shouldve done jackets but I didn't have time! Sorry Bronk! Yep...I love all these pictures, and if I do say so myself I was very cute!
      Sophie
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Ugh velvet lacey dresses are really nice!!! Also i love your childhood picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I'd love one sooooo much! Thabkyou - I was pleased I managed to did it out from the archives!
      Sophie
      Xxx

      Delete
  3. WOWZINGTONS! Why is everything velvety so lovely?! And why don't I own it all?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete