Sunday 5 May 2013

Bluetits and the BTO!

Hello! So, since Spring has Sprung there has been SO much more wildlife activity around, and one of the lovely new things are bluetits! Yay!
We have a bird box outside our office, and last year when the office was being built we recieved some extremely welcome visitors - you guessed it, bluetits! We were worried that the noise from the builders would scare them away, but no! And yes, this year they have returned, and busied themselves with building nature's own Grand Design - a bird nest. I decided that I would not only spend hours watching them with fascination, I would get involved in the BT0 (British Trust for Orthinology)'s nestbox challenge. I have literally just (Ok, not just if you're reading this years later, but just for me) registered my garden and birdbox, and recorded my bluetits's activity! So exciting! Nothing will probably come of this, but I feel like I've at least done SOMETHING! Farewellius!

No comments:

Post a Comment