Monday 13 May 2013

My Sick Day Make!

Hello! I write this on my mum's laptop, sitting in bed, completely bunged up, and looking like I just crawled out of the gutter. so, I decided I'd better do something useful with my day! I got all the boring unimportant stuff out of the way (You know, revision for the exam ON WEDNESDAY, that kinda thing..) I before making... (Drumroll please!) VINTAGE APPLE DOOR SIGN THING!!
Here's how mine ended up:

What you will need:

Such a terrible photograph, I'll just clarify:
  • Two coloured sheets of card - Two the same colour, one different
  • Quite a lot of vintagey paper based material - I used this lovely map and stamp paper, but you could use newspaper, or vintage looking wrapping paper!
  • Some split pins
  • LOTS of sellotape
  • Scissors (To be pronounced SKIZORS)
  • Some black fineliners
1. Choose one of the coloured sheets of card, and draw a circle on it (I used a bowl). Cut le afore mentioned circle out.

2.Split it evenly into six 'pie piece' sections (PIE.....)

3. Now for the fun bit. Write a different thing on each pie piece (The delightful things I chose were:
  • Go away, I hate you horrid nasty plonker
  • I'm asleep, you should be too
  • You may only enter if you bring food
  • Come in, if you really must..
  • You can't come in, I'm doing..umm..stuff..
  • Yay! Yippee! It's YOU! Enter friend!

Reading that back I realised only one of those is positive!)
4. Take the other piece of coloured card, and attatch your wheel of loveliness to it, with a split pin through the centre, so it will be able to pivot (Posh Word!)

5. Then, since I want mine to be a vintage APPLE, I cut the card into the shape of an apple.
6. Now for the tricky time consuming part - take the OTHER PIECE OF CARD WHICH IS THE SAME COLOUR AS THE CARD YOU HAVE PINNED YOUR WHEEL TO, and cut a segment shape out of it. My edges were very messy, so I covered the edges with my map paper.

7. Then take your vintage paper and cut it into thing strips, and cover the your apple with it - see picture. 

8. Cut out a stalk and leaf, out of whatever you want, and stick them onto the card with the dial on it.

9. Finally, sitck the vintage paper covered half onto the card with the dial on.
10. Ta - dah! You have finished! Pat yourself on the back, have a biscuit or two, and show your creation to your mother/father/brother/sister/auntie/uncle/grandma/grandad/dog/cat/golfish/budgie and anyone else you want!

For me, this lovely thing will replace this hoorendous sign, which I made on a shamefully old version of word, when I was eleven -

I know...what inventive wording!

No comments:

Post a Comment