Saturday 11 May 2013

Merida makeover - a Brave attempt!

Hello! And before we continue further, if like to draw your attention to the pun in the title. It is a pun (good word, reminds me of buns...) because we shall be talking about the princess Merida from the film Brave! Do you see? So, Merida is my favourite princess of all time. Well, WAS. She was clever, funny, cheeky and wasn't completely airbrushed and stick thin! Until, Disney decided that before they unveiled Merida as their eleventh official princess, they're going to tweak her a 'bit'. So, the new Merida is scarily thin, has a long mane of perfect curls, unlike her previous lovely frizzy red mop! Her dress, which had been plain and simple, is now off the shoulder and sparkly (in a normal situation I love sparkles, don't get me wrong!) and she's wearing eyeliner and blusher. So, in short, I am extremely cross. Harrumph. I wish this wasn't the way of our appearance obsessed culture, but here is the sad proof that it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment