Wednesday 3 July 2013

Tie a yellow ribbon...

Hola! (Pronounced 'olaaar!') - and may I say what an enormous pleasure it is to see you! You look good with your hair like that! Now, today I want to talk about ribbons! Some of you may have heard the fantabby song 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree' - if you haven't, I shall leave the video at the end of this postie! Now - ribbons - where to start? There are so many possibilities, that I am well aware this post will only cover a faerie's eyelash-sized part of this topic, but try I shall!
So - ribbons in hair! I love all these gorgey images....
As this picture demonstrates, ribbons go wonderfully with plaits, be it fishtail, waterfall or simple. They can be oversized and gaudy, like this one, but small and delicate also works well!
I love this photo so! This might just be me, but I think it has a kind of elfin faerie woodland vibe to it!
So, anyway - if wearing ribbons on top of plaits is too mainstream for you, you should consider weaving them into the plaits! This looks so lovely, and is completely easy - you can probably work this out for yourself, but here's how:
What you will need:
  • Hair
  • Ribbons
How to:
1. Separate your lovely locks into two sections (I'm just doing this for a simple plait).
2. The ribbon will make up your third section, so tie the ribbon securely to some hair at the top of the plait, but try to keep it subtle!
3. Get plaiting, just as you norrmally would, using the ribbon as your third bit of hair.
And voila! Yay! Well done you - back to the pictures!
I adore this picture! Here is another example of where an oversized bow looks great, this time with a wonderful lacy gothic style! I love the twist that the model is a manikin...
Sticking with bows, messy buns are a great way to show off your ribbon! They take themselves less seriously than ultra-neat buns, and on top of that are far easier! And now, dinosaurs, we move off Ribbons In hair, and onto Ribbons In Everything Else!
This is a very simple idea, but as far as I can make out, all they have done is tie the ribbons around their feet, and slip the shoe over. I think this a very good idea, and one we should all try! Go on - run off and get your shoes and ribbons, and I'll wait here! Are you back? Have you got them? Good, let's get tying! I've done, have you? Great! Let's waddle around like ribbonified penguins! (Take them off you look ridiculous. Onto the next picture and let's speak of this no more.)
Corsages! A simple, or even an elaborate corsage, can set an outfit off just right! I like this idea of pale roses complemented by silver ribbon - however there are any number of combinations you can dream up, with flowers, material, ribbon, or even just a simple ribbon bow! And now off clothes...
And onto dreamcatchers! This looks too gorgeous and hippie and woody for words...I love this picture! This would make a great present, and can add a touch of the outide to the inside, or a touch of utter beauty to the outside! The lace and ribbons look great with the wood!
Bookmarks - knotting a patterned or plain ribbon onto a a bookmark really does gorgify it. You could transform an existing bookmark, armed with ribbons and holepunch, or make your own! And..that's all we have time for today, folks! What's that you say? You want more? Fine - here's a happy snapshot of some of the lovely images I stumbled across while rearching this! And before I leave you with the pictures, if you want to get your hands on some pretty ribbons I recommend fred's Haberdashery in chesterfield, which featured in this post! Cheerio!
 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite posts that you've created! I LOVE the huge bow with the messy bun and I also LOVE the dream catcher! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou hanni -I'm pretty proud o' it meself! I like the messy bun one, but I'm also the big fan of the manikin-modelling-big-black-bow one! And as for the dreamcatcher - PHWOAR! Gorgeous!
      xxx

      Delete