Tuesday 18 June 2013

The brilliance of badges!

Hallo, vie gehts, danke gut und dir? Just a wee tad of Germanicus to kick things of...Right! Yes! Badges! Ok, so badges can be a cute, sweet, funny, powerful, or just plain awesome accessories to brighten up any outfit! And here I shall show you a blindingly obvious way of making them (I know I'm underselling, but I can't deal with criticism, so I'll get it out of the way myself!) Okely doo...on with the show!
You will need:
  • Circular images
  • Glue
  • Cardboard
  • Safety pins
  • Sellotape
  • Scissors
Sticky back plastic (can use sellotape instead)
 Step one: Gather some appropriate images you wish to badge-ify - it helps if they are circular, but I guess you could cut circles into them. Print them off. Here are mine:
Right..next, cut said images out. This sounds fairly straightforward, but for me this was the part that took longest! here are some I cut out earlier...


Then, my jolly pals, stick the circles onto a piece of cardboard - mine was fairly thin, simply because that was the only cardboard available, but you can vary the thickness depending on how sturdy you want your badges to be!
Now, this is where your stickyback plastic comes in. I happen to have a massive roll of stickyback plastic I bought in Year 7 (Aaaah..nostalgia...) to cover my books with, but you probably won't. So, if you don't you can just use sellotape in strips to do this. Just cover your cardboard with plastic/sellotape, making sure their are no lumps/bumps/air bubbles! This will make them vaguely waterproof.You probably can't see in the picture, but I have done this.
Now, time for some more cutting out! So, yeah, just...well, cut them out!
You probably can't see that these have been plastic-covered, but hey ho a diddly o! Now, take your safety pins, and using a liberal amount of sellotape, attach firmly to the back of each badge. On reflection, I should have used bigger circles or smaller safety pins, so, take my advice, and learn from my stupid mistakes!
Yaaayyy! Clapclapclapclapclapclap! Give yourself a pat on the back! All that's left to do now is go crazy and stick them on everything! I hope you enjoyed this, and I bid you a temporary farewell! *Salutes and disappears in a cloud of rainbow sparkles*


Please excuse hastily drawn note...
Oh yeah, guys - just to ask your opinion - I'm considering CHANGING THIS HERE BLOG'S NAME. (Gasp) I know. Radical, right? It's just...I'm sick of having to tell people:
  • What miscellaneous means
  • How miscellaneous is spelt
  • Why the hell I called my blog that instead of some normal name
So...my proposal is I change the troublesome word 'miscellaneous', and exchange it with the word 'marvellous'! I like it! My Marvellous Mess! Leave your thoughts in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. You are right that is blindingly obvious, why didn't I think of this before?? I like your blogs name! I think the miscellaneous makes it interesting and unique :D
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! yes, I've had two people say that now, so ithink I shall stick with the miscellaneous!
      Sophie
      xx

      Delete