Tuesday 20 August 2013

A good kind of madness.

Every Sunday of every month, there is a fabulous Celebration of All Things Car-Booty. The Tansley Carboot. (I realise that was a terrible introduction!) The Sunday just gone, I dragged my good mother along with me to said Celebration of All Things Car-Booty (CATCB, from now on!), and we had a good old browse. It was a great day out, and I would really recommend it, but...this is not the subject of this 'ere postie! No. This post concerns what happens when my mother and I spot a little wooden table, piled high with old dolls. We stroll casually over, and I pick up various dolls. Having ascertained that they are each 50p, I ask my dear mother if I may have one. 'No,' she says, and --this is the punchline-- 'We'll take them all!' So...as we speak (Well, as I write) I have a vintage suitcase filled with old dolls, from every corner of the globe! The male stallholder explained, as we packed the 50 or so dolls into a crate (!!!), that his wife had collected a doll, in traditional dress, from every place they visited! The oldest, and biggest is from the sixties, but they are all fairly old, and what's more, beautiful! It's not just about individual value, they're a lovely set, and, gah, I just love them!

 So, I laid all the dolls out on my bed, and just...admired them!!
 I couldn't take pictures of all of them, so I collagified! I don't know where many of them are from, but I do know: Top left - Greek, Middle - Scottish, Middle right - Japanese, bottom left - Scottish, bottom middle - Norweigan, bottom right - Peru!
This is the oldest, and the biggest doll! She was the first in the collection, and is from Norway. You can tell I had fun messing aroung with effects on my photo editor! So - there we have it. The dolls. I hope you like them as much as I do! See you around, buddy!

2 comments:

  1. sophie, have I missed something?
    WHY have you got a zillion dolls? WHHHYYY???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been through this bronky! They shall be my HEIRLOOM! And they're awesome! And you can have beauty competitions with them!
    Soffle
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete