Saturday 13 July 2013

Put a collar on it!

Hello! Long time no see - sorry, I've just been mega hugely busy, with the wonderful GREASE musical (read about it right here!!!) It's been an absolutely fantastic experience, and I am so sad it's over (excuse me a minute while I crawl off and cry!)Now, today I shall share with you: The Easiest DIY In The World! This may have been a little tiny weeny bit perhaps slightly borrowed from Rookie! So - here's one I made earlier:

 Do you like it? I love it! Right, so, here's how YOU can make your own!
You will need:
  • Some good fabric scissors
  • An old shirt
  • Imagination!
Lay your shirt out on whatever handy surface is nearby (I made good use of the floor!)
Cut along the line shown in the picture. Use the neckline seam as a guide, but DO NOT cut the neckline seam! And there you have it!

Your own, button-up-able collar, which you can wear with anything! Now all that remains is to go crazy with decorating! Here's how I made mine so frickin' cool! Well, actually, it's very simple - I don't have any fabric paint, so I simply used normal paint, and ironed it to seal.
However, I think I shall stear clear of water. After that all I did was sew some lovely lace flowers I had lying about on, and voila!

A wop bam a lu mop a wop bam bu! Detachable collars are big right now - here are some I like:







I love you muy mucho, dear readers! Cheerio - have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment